Keep dinner light, fresh and fast tonight with this easy 10-minute Salmon Piccata with Spinach. To eliminate nearly all prep work, I’m relying on a handful of easy ingredients like Barilla Ready Pasta, Stancatto Piccata Sauce, Gourmet Gardens Italian Herbs and Two Brothers Baked Salmon. You really can’t beat this healthy, flavorful weeknight-friendly pasta, which is on the table in 10 minutes or less!
To show you how simple this is, here’s a quick recipe run-down (full recipe below): Heat the pre-cooked pasta, jarred piccata sauce and pimentos in a skillet. Stir in a couple handfuls of baby spinach and continue to cook until the spinach wilts slightly. Then, gently fold in fresh, chopped herbs and a fillet of baked salmon (I like to flake this into bite-size pieces first). Finish with more herbs to taste and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
This recipe serves 2 but can easily be doubled.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta (penne)
- 1/3 cup Stancatto Piccata Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cento Pimentos
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 tablespoons Gourmet Gardens Italian Herbs, plus more to serve
- 1 Two Brothers Baked Salmon fillet (about ⅓ pound), re-heated and flaked
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- In a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat, add the pouch of pasta, piccata sauce and pimentos. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until pasta is heated through. Add additional piccata sauce to taste.
- Stir in the spinach and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it wilts slightly. Gently fold in herbs and salmon until well combined.
- Divide pasta into two bowls. Garnish with additional herbs and lemon wedges.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.