The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Treat yourself to the comforting flavor and texture of traditional Shepherd’s Pie with the help of a few shortcut ingredients.
Created with our belly-warming premade beef stew and mashed potatoes and served with a side of soda bread, you won’t find a faster or more filling dinner.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s Beef Stew
- English Peas
- Mashed Potatoes
- Heinen’s Sharp Cheddar
- Irish Soda Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Mix the beef stew with the peas and place in an oven-safe dish making sure to leave room on top for the mashed potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes with the cheddar cheese and spoon it over the beef stew.
- Bake in the oven until the potatoes are browned and the stew is bubbling.
- Serve with the soda bread on the side, Irish butter is optional.