The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to build a restaurant-style Smash Burger at home!
Featuring simple salt-and-pepper-seasoned beef patties smashed thin and cooked until crisp around the edges, this burger can be assembled countless different ways, but we recommend a fluffy bun, cheddar cheese, garlicky dill pickles and a generous drizzle of premade aioli.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- Heinen’s CARE Certified 85/15 Ground Beef
- Kraft Deli Deluxe Sharp Cheddar Slices
- Terrapin Ridge Everything Aioli
- Cleveland Kitchen Dilly Garlic Pickle Chips
- Lightly toast the buns and set aside.
- Divide the ground beef into 4 even-size balls and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the balls in a very hot sauté pan or cast-iron skillet and smash with a spatula.
- Cook until the edges are brown and crispy, then flip and top with the cheese. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted.
- Place the burgers on the toasted buns and drizzle with the aioli.
- Top with the pickle chips.
- Serve with your favorite potato salad or chips.