The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Elevate the classic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich with a touch of truffle flavor!
Made with staple cheesesteak ingredients, like our CARE Certified steak, pre-cut peppers and pre-sliced cheese, a simple smear of truffle-infused mayonnaise on the toasted rolls takes this timeless sub from basic to unbelievable!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s CARE Certified Delmonico Steaks
- Heinen's Fajita Mix Veggies
- Heinen’s Provolone Cheese Slices
- Schwebel’s 'taliano Sub Rolls
- TRUFF Mayonnaise
- Thinly slice the steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan with a little oil. When hot, add the veggies and cook until soft and caramelized. Remove the veggies from the pan.
- Add the steak to the pan and cook until browned.
- Add the veggies back to the pan with the steak and mix to combine. Cover the steak and veggies with the sliced cheese. Briefly add the lid to the pan to melt the cheese.
- Smear the truffle mayonnaise on the sub rolls.
- Using a spatula, add the steak, veggies and cheese onto the sub rolls.
- Slice the sandwiches in half.
- Serve with your favorite French fries and a side of mayo.