Adapted From Food Network
White Bean Swiss Chard Soup
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1-1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2-15.5 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Heinen's chicken stock
- 1-12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, celery and salt and cook until the vegetables are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the beans and broth, bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the roasted peppers, minced garlic and cilantro and cook until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chard, cover and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Scrape the contents of the skillet into the pot and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.