The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Bonafide Provisions.
You’re going to be head over heels for the Whole30-friendly Zucchini Noodle Bolognese recipe. Made with Bonafide Bone Broth, this classic bolognese is bursting with flavor and pairs perfectly with fresh, spiralized veggie noodles! It tastes awesome reheated and can be frozen for meal prep making it perfect for staying on track with healthy and hearty weeknight meals.
Whole30 Bolognese with Zoodles
- 1 package of Heinen’s spiralized zucchini
- 3-4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 strips bacon, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds grass-fed beef
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup Bonafide Provisions bone broth
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the spiralized zucchini to a large colander and place it over the sink. Add the kosher salt and massage it well into the zucchini. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, as this process will release a lot of moisture.
- Rinse the zucchini well with cold water and let it drain for another 10-15 minutes. Pat it as dry as you can with a kitchen towel and set aside.
- Cook the bacon cubes in a large pot on medium-high heat until crunchy. Transfer the bacon to a paper-lined plate for later use.
- Cook the onion, celery, and carrots until the onions appear translucent. Add in the garlic cloves and cook for another minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add in the beef and cook until brown. Add in the coconut milk, bone broth, tomato paste, and cooked bacon cubes. Let it simmer for 7-10 minutes until everything is well combined and appears thick.
- Stir in the garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and let everything cook together for 4-5 minutes. Serve warm.