Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Nothing says winter like a piping hot bowl of soup, and this savory wonton spin is just what we’re all craving!
Full of frozen wontons and fresh veggies floating in a homemade ginger garlic broth, this Asian-inspired meal is quick to make and satisfying for the cold weather season.
- 1 piece of lemongrass, broken up
- 1-inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 128 oz. of chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine
- 3 cups sliced assorted mushrooms (maitake, shiitake, oyster, etc.)
- 3 heads of baby bok choy, ends removed
- 2 lbs. frozen chicken or vegetable wonton dumplings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, chicken stock, sugar, soy sauce and rice wine to a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Remove any of the floating lemongrass, ginger or garlic and discard. Season the soup liquid with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and bok choy and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the wontons and cook over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until finished cooking.
- Serve with optional sliced green onions.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.