The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
This Zoodles Primavera is a better-for-you spin on a classic pasta dish that really hits the spot!
Fresh spiralized zucchini noodles from Heinen’s Produce Department are combined with a rainbow of other veggies and a creamy garlic sauce to create a mouthwatering meal that’s delicious and easy to make, even on the busiest of nights.
A traditional primavera sauce typically uses butter, but this recipe calls for an Fx-approved substitute: ghee. Ghee is actually made from butter. The only difference is that the milk proteins are removed from ghee, making it a great option for those with dairy sensitivities or anyone looking for a healthier butter alternative. If you are vegan, simply substitute the ghee with avocado oil.
No matter which Fx-approved ingredients you use, this 10-minute take on pasta is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Vegetables
- 1 package Heinen's fresh zucchini noodles
- 1 bunch carrots, chopped
- 1 container mini cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
For the Sauce
- 1 cup ghee
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup Heinen's bone broth
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1-3 lemons, amount based on your preference
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place the ghee in a sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic, bone broth, sea salt and juice of one lemon. Mix to combine.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, peppers and onions.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to sauté for 2 minutes, then mix and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and mix well.
- When serving, feel free to add more lemon juice, or sprinkle with red pepper flakes and/ or nutritional yeast.