The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
Heinen’s and I share a love for fresh vegetables, and this Zoodles Primavera really hits the spot! The freshly spiralized zucchini noodles in the Heinen’s Produce Department combined with a rainbow of other veggies and a creamy, “buttery” garlic sauce is so good and so convenient to make! It’s my favorite lighter alternative for heavy pasta.
To make the sauce, I used ghee, which is a healthier alternative for butter. Actually, ghee is made from butter, but the milk proteins are removed. For those with dairy sensitivities, ghee may be an option that their bodies can tolerate. If you are vegan, you can simply substitute the ghee with avocado oil.
No matter how you make it, this healthier spin on pasta is bound to be delicious!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Vegetables
- 1 package of Heinen's pre-spiralized zucchini noodles
- 1 bunch orange carrots, chopped
- 1 container mini cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florets
For the Sauce
- 1 cup ghee
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup bone broth
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1-3 lemons, amount based on your preference
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Place the ghee in a sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic, bone broth, sea salt and juice of one lemon. Mix to combine.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, peppers and onions.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow to sauté for 2 minutes, then mix and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and mix well.
- When serving, feel free to add more lemon juice, or sprinkle with red pepper flakes and/ or nutritional yeast.