Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Eating vegetables just got a lot more fun thanks to this easy-to-bake Zucchini Bread. Made with fresh, locally-grown zucchini from Heinen’s Produce Department and finished with chocolate chips, summer produce season is looking sweet!
- 2 loaves
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla until combined.
- Add in the grated zucchini, sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour and whisk until combined. If it is too hard to whisk, use a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips until completely incorporated.
- Grease 2 9×5 loaf pans and evenly add the batter.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until firm in the center and browned.
- Set aside and cool in the pan completely at room temperature.