The following article was written by Heinen’s Chief Dietitian, Melanie Jatsek RD, LD.
Whole grains can be the perfect addition to support your journey to optimal health because they offer more dietary fiber, B vitamins and minerals than their refined grain counterparts.
Give your grains an upgrade with these whole grain solutions found at your local Heinen’s. I promise these will become your new favorites!
Whole Grain Cereals
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Cereal
- Nature’s Path Heritage Flakes
- Uncle Sam Wheat Berry Flakes
- Living Intentions Activated Superfood Cereal
- Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp Granola
- Heinen’s Old Fashioned Oats
- McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- Qi’a Superfood Oatmeal
- Purely Elizabeth Collagen Protein Oat Cups
Sprouted Breads and Wraps
- Alvarado Street Bakery
- Dave’s Killer (sprouted, whole grain varieties)
- Ezekiel (Frozen Department)
Whole Grain Side Dishes
- Hurst’s Barley
- Grain Trust Brown Rice (Frozen Department)
- Heinen’s Cooked Brown Rice Bowls
- Bob’s Red Mill Bulgur
- Bob’s Red Mill Farro
- Eden Organic Millet
- Heinen’s Organic Whole Wheat Pasta
- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta
- Heinen’s Quinoa (Frozen Department)
- Path of Life Quinoa (Frozen Department)
- Heinen’s Cooked Quinoa Bowls
- TruRoots Sprouted Quinoa
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa Dinners
- Roland Wild Rice
Whole Grain Snacks
- Xochitl White or Blue Corn Chips
- Lundberg Family Farms Thin Stackers Puffed Grain Cakes
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- Wasa Crispbread
- Over Easy Breakfast Bars (Wellness Department)
- Maxine’s Heavenly Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Remember, moderation is the key to a healthy and balanced life. A few modest servings of whole grains each day is plenty. For example:
- Toast a slice of Dave’s Killer Thin-Sliced Organic Bread and spread with mashed avocado for breakfast.
- Sprinkle a quarter cup of Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp Granola on your lunch yogurt cup.
- Make a power bowl for dinner and add a scoop of brown rice. You’ll love this Mediterranean Hummus Bowl!