Tara Berger is the Creative Director and Owner of One Stylish Party, a creative studio and online party boutique featuring designs and inspiration for entertaining in style.
Today I wanted to share how to celebrate the season with a beautiful and delicious Fall charcuterie board perfect for outdoor fall gatherings or weekends at home.
I love putting together charcuterie boards because they can be assembled in advance, leaving more time to enjoy later. Charcuterie boards are also less formal than a sit-down meal and will feed many tastes and appetites as long as you plan appropriately.
This cheese board was made to feed 6-8 people. I shopped all of the items for this charcuterie board at my local Heinen’s Grocery Store, which has a great selection of artisan cheeses, seasonal produce, fresh bread and gourmet crackers. See below for my shopping list and tips on how to create your own fall charcuterie board.
Festive Cheese Board
- Aged white cheddar
- Smoked swiss
- Goat cheese topped with fig jam
- Caramelized pecans
- Marcona almonds
- Cheese twists
- Rice crackers
- Rosemary raisin pecan crackers
- Champagne grapes
- Green grapes
- Dried apricots
- Fresh figs
- Thin sliced salami
- Thick cut salami
- Chamomile flowers
- Start by placing the large cheeses and dishes on a 16” round board.
- Begin filling the holes with different types of fruit, meat and crackers. I like to make sure the colors are balanced on the board, so for instance, if I put red grapes on one side, I would try to find a place for blackberries on the opposite side. Then, use nuts or other small edible items to cover any remaining open areas on the board.
- Finish by adding garnish, such as rosemary, chamomile flowers and other fresh herbs to the board.
Apple Cider Moscow Mule
A signature cocktail is a festive way toast to the season, which is why I whipped up and Apple Cider Moscow Mule for a refreshing, seasonal fall cocktail that can be served in cute copper mugs. You can make this delicious drink in a large batch ahead of time or single-serve. See below for my Apple Cider Mule recipe.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. ginger beer
- 3 oz. apple cider
- Cinnamon stick and apple slice for garnish
- Pour vodka, ginger beer and apple cider in a copper mug and stir. Add ice and garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.