What are Hatch Chile Peppers?
You can find the freshest Hatch Chile Peppers in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out what’s in season by clicking here.
- Grown in the Hatch Valley of Hatch, New Mexico, just north of Las Cruces
- Intense sunlight and cool nights in this valley result in this uniquely flavored pepper
- Characterized by their meaty flesh with heat that varies depending on the variety
- Choose bright green, glossy peppers that are firm with medium-to-thick flesh
- Best enjoyed in salads, soups, stews, dips and sandwiches or added to chile con queso, chile rellenos and chile verde
- Refrigerate, unwashed in a plastic bag for up to 5 days