What are Magenta Dragon Fruits?
You can find the freshest Magenta Dragon Fruits in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out what’s in season by clicking here.
- Characterized by its eye-catching magenta flesh with miniscule black seeds and bright green spiked skin
- Flavor resembles a cross between kiwi, pear and pineapple, and the texture of the flesh is similar to a kiwi or melon with more graininess.
- Look for fruit with hot pink skin that is free of soft spots or mold. Once ripe, it will give slightly to gentle pressure.
- To ripen, leave at room temperature for one to two days. Refrigerate ripe fruit in a crisper drawer for up to three or four days.
- To prepare, cut the fruit in half, then use a spoon to separate the interior flesh from the skin. Discard of the skin as it is not edible.
- Eat out of hand or add to salads, pastries, beverages, smoothies, sherbets, sorbets and juices
- Best served cold for maximum flavor.