What are Rave Apples?
You can find the freshest Rave Apples in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- The natural result of a cross between the beloved Honeycrisp and MonArk, a variety from Arkansas
- Available in early August due to the MonArk’s ability to color and ripen early in the growing season
- Grown on Stemilt Farms in Washington state
- Perfectly round with a bright fuchsia-red skin that covers a yellow flesh
- Known for being extremely juicy with a refreshing snappy zing
- Crisp, fine, white flesh that fractures just like Honeycrisp
- Excellent apple for snacking and fresh applications like cheeseboards and salads
- Due to its juiciness, it is not ideal for cooking or baking
- Store in the coldest part of the refrigerator away from strong-smelling foods like onion and garlic