What is a Kiwano Melon?
You can find the freshest Kiwano Melons in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- Round to oblong in shape with a delicate, cream-colored edible skin
- Subtle in flavor with a creamy texture
- Grown in the U.S. throughout
- An African horned melon
- Known for its spiky, golden-orange shell and soft, succulent, seed-filled emerald green interior
- Mild in flavor and similar in taste to juicy, seed-filled cucumbers with notes of melon and lime
- Once peeled, the jelly-like flesh can be added to fresh fruit salads, salsas, smoothies or served as a garnish with roasted meats
- Do not refrigerate