What is a Meyer Lemon?
The Meyer Lemon is not currently in season, check back and we’ll let you know when they’re ready. Check out what’s in season by clicking here.
- A cross between a regular lemon and a Mandarin Orange
- Among the juiciest lemons available and in-season year round
- Smaller, darker, thinner-skinned, sweeter and significantly less acidic than the common lemon
- Perfect for zesting, squeezing and slicing.
- For the longest life, store them in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator
- We source our Meyer Lemons from our friends at Melissa’s Produce.
Meyer Lemon Recipe Inspiration
White Pizza with Broccoli and Meyer Lemon Recipe
- 1 lb. Papa Sal’s pizza dough (sub homemade)
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp., plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4-6 oz. fontina cheese, shredded (sub provolone)
- 1 Meyer lemon, cut into paper thin slices
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Allow pizza dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place a pizza stone on the center rack of the oven and preheat to 475˚F. If you don’t have a pizza stone, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough in half, shape into rounds and roll into 8-inch circles, using plenty of flour to keep the dough from sticking to the work surface.
- Toss the broccoli florets with 2 tsp. of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- If using a pizza stone, set the dough on a well-floured pizza peel or rimless baking sheet. Otherwise, set it on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1 ½ tsp. olive oil onto each pizza and use your hands, or a pastry brush, to cover the dough, allowing 1-inch border for crust.
- Sprinkle each with half of the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each with half of the cheese, broccoli florets and lemon slices*. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Transfer prepared pizza to pizza stone (if using) or set baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown. Bake one at a time, if necessary.
- Remove and let stand for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
*You can remove the peel and pith of the lemons, if desired.