What is a Red Kiwi?
You can find the freshest red kiwi in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- Grown on orchards in New Zealand
- Characterized by its ruby red flesh and berry sweet flavor
- The latest kiwi variant to come through Zespri’s world-leading kiwifruit breeding program, in partnership with Plant & Food Research
- Undergone an extensive trial process, ensuring each fruit is of the highest quality
- Contains antioxidants, such as anthocyanins, that are naturally occurring pigments within the fruit, which provides its red color
- Research has shown that anthocyanins can contribute to improved mood and wellbeing
- Must be handled with care due to delicate skin and soft flesh
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat
- If too firm, place on the counter to ripen