What is Horseradish Root?
You can find the freshest horseradish root in Heinen’s Produce Department. Check out our other favorite unique items by clicking here.
- Native to Southeast Europe and Western Asia
- Mainly grown for its large, white, hot and spicy-flavored roots
- Traditionally crushed or grated into a sauce that can be served with fish or meat, but can also be enjoyed with sushi, hummus, guacamole and mashed potatoes
- Look for well-formed, similarly shaped roots that are free of soft spots or sprouts
- Scrub with a brush under running water and peel before using
- Pairs perfectly with prime rib and lamb
- Wrap the root in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for longest life
- Can develop soft or moldy spots without affecting the quality of the root. Simply scrape to remove
- We source our horseradish root from our friends at Melissa’s Produce.