The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Antipasto skewers are all of your favorite Italian-style ingredients served on a colorful, delicious skewer.
Featuring cherry tomatoes, olives, tortellini, salami, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, basil and a sweet honey balsamic drizzle, they’re the perfect snack or appetizer for a summer gettogether, backyard BBQ or holiday.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Skewers
- 1 9 oz. package Heinen's cheese tortellini
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 16 oz. jar Heinen's olives; pimento-stuffed is recommended
- 16 oz. jar Heinen's Kalamata olives
- 4 oz. salami
- 3 oz. Heinen's roasted red peppers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions, chopped
- 8-10 wooden skewers
For the Dressing
- 2 tsp. Heinen's honey
- 1/4 cup Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, oregano, basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions.
- While the tortellini cooks, lay out the skewer ingredients on a large cutting board.
- Once the tortellini is done cooking, drain and let cool.
- To prepare the skewers, start with a cherry tomato, followed by the green and Kalamata olives, tortellini, roasted red peppers, basil, mozzarella, tortellini, two more olives and another tomato. Repeat this for each skewer.
- In a Mason jar, combine the honey, olive oil, balsamic, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Mox well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the skewers and sprinkle with more fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- You can use any of your favorite ingredients like artichokes, banana peppers, pepperoncinis, pepperoni, prosciutto or any other type of olive.
- I like the dressing drizzled over the skewers, but they also taste great with Heinen’s balsamic glaze or without any dressing at all.