The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These Bacon and Asparagus Bundles are the most delicious springtime bite!
Each bite is filled with refreshing flavor and texture from fresh asparagus, crisp bacon, flaky puff pastry and savory gruyere.
These are wonderful for a brunch, especially alongside a frittata and mimosas, but they can also double as an appetizer for easy entertaining. Either way, these bites are so simple, but look like they belong in a foodie magazine!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp, garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 4 strips Heinen’s CARE Certified Bacon, cooked and sliced in half
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into 8 squares.
- Combine the asparagus, olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Place 1/2 slice of bacon, 3 asparagus and a sprinkle of gruyere cheese each puff pastry slice at a diagonal.
- Press the opposite corners of the puff pastry together.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.