The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Bright and baked for a bite that’s both crispy and creamy, these Baked Shrimp Toasts make a tremendous holiday appetizer.
Featuring a mix of fresh shrimp and flavorful cheeses served on crusty baguette slices, this seafood starter is as indulgent as it looks and is wildly easy to create!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 1 celery stalk, small diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb. Heinen's fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
- 1 tsp. Two Brothers blackened seasoning
- 4 oz. Heinen's cream cheese
- ¼ cup Heinen's 24-Month Aged Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives, chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the baguette slices to a sheet tray and broil for 2-4 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the onions, celery and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until completely cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix in the blackened seasoning, then stir in the cream cheese. Stir until melted and completely mixed in.
- Finish by stirring in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until combined.
- Evenly divide the shrimp between the toasted baguette slices and place them on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives.