The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of Heinen’s Club Fx Recipe Developer and Food Photographer, Allianna Moximchalk from Allianna’s Kitchen.
Breakfast is simply better with these easy-to-bake Banana Walnut Muffins!
We know from elementary level lessons in healthy eating that bananas are a great source of potassium and walnuts provide our body with healthy fat and protein. Both are important, but these muffins feature another star ingredient that offers major support to your digestive health – flax seeds!
Flax seeds, although small in size, are nutritional powerhouses that are loaded with soluble dietary fiber and oils that help lubricate and regulate your digestive system. So, while you enjoy one of these warm, fluffy muffins, your body will be benefiting.
Sweetened naturally with maple syrup and applesauce, make a batch in advance for a healthy breakfast all week long.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Muffins
- 1 cup Heinen’s freshly ground nut butter (peanut or almond butter)
- 1 banana, mashed
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners, or use a silicone muffin liner. Evenly divide the batter amongst the 12 cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.