Beet Pesto Toast
For the pesto:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 1/4 cups roasted pureed beets
- 6 oz fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the toasts:
- whole grain baguette or other bread of choice, sliced and toasted
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- In the bowl of a food processor, whiz the garlic cloves until minced.
- Add almonds to the food processor with the garlic. Process into crumbs.
- Add the remaining pesto ingredients to the food processor and puree until your desired texture is reached.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Don’t be afraid to use a fair amount of salt!
- Spread pesto on toast. Top with Parmesan.