- Total time:
The following recipe and photography for this post were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Holiday hangovers come in all forms. Mine often comes from pure exhaustion after hosting a gathering. With hours cleaning, preparing food, entertaining and cleaning up, it’s nearly impossible not to feel run down. Other’s may get a holiday hangover from holiday shopping, which in my world, is considered a sport. Tackling long lines, cranky shoppers and traffic – it’s enough to make any jolly elf feel a little Grinch-like.
When the holiday hustle has you feeling all sorts of crazy, take a moment for yourself with a bloody Mary so good it will quickly become the most simple cocktail to serve to your holiday guests! Pope’s Bloody Mary mix is hands down the best mix we have ever tried in our household. The ingredients are clean and simple, and even better, it’s made locally in Northeast Ohio!
Toss a delicious antipasto skewer, otherwise known as a meat and cheese board on a stick on top and you have yourself the ultimate adult cocktail and appetizer all in one.
Bloody Marys with Antipasto Skewers
For the Bloody Mary
- 2 Parts Pope’s Bloody Mary Mix
- 1 Part Vodka
- Celery (optional, for garnish)
- Bacon (optional, for garnish)
For the Antipasto Skewers
- Kalamata Olives
- Heinen’s Garlic Stuffed Olives
- Sweet Cherry Peppers
- Mozzarella Pearls (larger size)
- Heinen’s Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini
- Columbus Italian Dry Salami
- Cook tortellini according to package. Once they are fully cooked, drain and drizzle olive oil to prevent sticking. Let lay flat on a cutting board to dry slightly before skewering. There is no right or wrong way to make an antipasto skewer, so get creative with assembling the rest of the ingredients on your skewer sticks. I recommend slicing the salami into bite-size pieces. Keep peppers and olives whole!
- You can toss the cooked tortellini in pesto sauce, it is a fun way to stretch the variety of your skewer with the same ingredients.
- Mix together Popes Bloody Mary Mix and Vodka. Pour into a single glass or a pitcher over ice.
- Top with antipasto skewers and garnish with celery and bacon.