The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
These BLT Pesto Crostini Bites are an elevated twist on the classic BLT!
The addition of pesto and crispy crostini makes these bites feel fancy, but they’re just as easy as the classic BLT sandwich. We love these as an appetizer for entertaining; they will be a huge hit with your guests!
BLT Pesto Crostini Bites
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 strips Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and sliced in thirds
- 1 fresh baguette, sliced in 1-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s pesto Genovese
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bread slices and toast 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Add a spoonful of Heinen’s pesto to each baguette slice and top with mixed greens.
- Add the bacon and a tomato slice on top of the baguette.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.