I absolutely loved store-bought breakfast burritos growing up. I found out it’s not hard to make your own! Simply choose the ingredients your favorite ingredients, make them, freeze them, and heat them up! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. (My oldest came home with this phrase from his teacher years ago and I’m still saying it.)
- 6-8 Tortilla wraps (we like Maria & Ricardo's found by the butter, or Rudi's Plain Tortillas found in the frozen gluten-free section at Heinen's. 8-10 inch tortillas work the best. Corn tortillas don't wrap and freeze well.)
- 6 Pasture eggs
- 1 Package Applegate Chicken & Maple or Pork Sausage
- 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice (Dairy-free option: FollowYourHeart American Cheese)
- 1/2 cup of peppers or spinach chopped, finely
- Aluminum Foil
- Scramble eggs in 2 TBSP of butter. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Chop frozen sausage and set aside
- Place a tortilla on top of an aluminum foil square. Sprinkle about 2 TBSP of cheese onto the tortilla. Top the cheese with spinach or peppers, followed by 2 TBSP of scrambled eggs.
- Roll the burrito tightly by folding the sides in first, then rolling up. Wrap the burrito in foil, & repeat.
- Freeze the burritos. When you are ready to make them in the morning, unwrap and microwave for 1 minute or place in toaster oven at 350° F for 12-15 minutes.