The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Breakfast in bed doesn’t get any cheesier than this! Heinen’s Fondue Cheese Blend is a must-use when it comes to making a breakfast spread this special. Trust me, this isn’t going to be your typical fondue for two. Instead, I used the cheese blend as the main ingredient in my Flipping Good Egg Scramble Breakfast Sandwich, my Hashbrown Cheesy Bacon Stackers and as the topping on a plate of delicious cheesy eggs. When placed on a tray with a hot cup of coffee and a bowl of fresh fruit, these cheesy breakfast items make for a wonderfully romantic way to start the day.
You can do a lot more than just put this cheese in a hot pot and dip crusty bread in it, this perfect blend of hand-selected premium fondue cheese pairs well with any kind of cheese lover’s dish.
Note: These make for great weekly breakfast meal prep! The sandwich and stackers reheat very nicely and don’t get soggy.
Flipping Good Egg Scramble Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread, toasted (Crusty Italian Bread from Heinen’s Bakery works perfectly.)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 slices of deli ham, or your desired deli meat (or no meat if you’re vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup of Heinen’s Fondue Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- Cooking spray ( I prefer olive oil spray)
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and pour them into a small or medium-size skillet over medium-low heat. If it’s a nonstick skillet, you don’t need to spray it with cooking spray, but if not, I recommend spraying it first so your eggs don’t stick.
- While the eggs are cooking, place your slices of bread on top of the egg mixture with the edges of the bread facing away from each other.
- Flip your eggs, bread and all, over and fold the edges of the eggs inward so that they aren’t hanging over the edges of your bread.
- Place ¼ cup of Heinen’s Fondue Cheese Blend on each side of your cooked egg mixture with the bread still toasting underneath.
- Layer on the ham on one side and top with the arugula.
- Fold the other half of the egg and bread slice over onto the side with the cheese, meat and arugula to form your sandwich.
- For a toastier sandwich, I recommend spraying each side one more time with cooking spray and turning up the heat slightly to toast a little longer.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for the Flipping Good Egg Scramble Breakfast Sandwich.
Hashbrown Cheesy Bacon Stackers
- 1 package of frozen hashbrowns
- 2 cups Heinen’s Fondue Cheese Blend
- 4 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the frozen hashbrowns on the baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- While your hashbrowns are baking, cook bacon to your desired consistency. I like to cook mine in a nonstick skillet on the stovetop until crispy.
- Remove the hashbrowns from the oven and place a ¼ cup of Heinen’s Fondue Cheese Blend on one hashbrown and then place another hashbrown on top. Top the stack with more cheese and bacon crumbles. If you want you can also layer a bacon slice in between the hashbrown and cheese stacker instead of crumbled on top.
- Repeat step 4 until all remaining hashbrowns are stacked. This should yield approximately 5 two-layer stackers.
- Place stackers back in the warm oven for about 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
Note: You can turn off your oven after the hashbrowns are initially done baking. It should still be warm when you place them back in to allow the cheese to melt.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for the Hashbrown Cheesy Bacon Stackers.