The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Looking for an impressive dip to bring to your next warm weather gathering? Look no further than this ooey-gooey cheeseburger dip that pairs perfectly with waffle fries. It’s a true cheeseburger experience in one exciting appetizer!
With Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef as the base, this sandwich-inspired dip is topped with loads of cream cheese and shredded cheese and popped into the oven in no time.
Entertaining doesn’t get easier, or more delicious than that!
Interested in making these recipes? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Cheeseburger Dip
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef
- 1 ½ cups Heinen’s scallion cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, for topping
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
For the Waffle Fries
- 1 package frozen waffle fries
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a skillet with olive oil, cook the onions until translucent. Add the ground beef and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook ground beef until brown and cooked through. Pour onto a large paper towel-lined plate or bowl to drain the extra grease.
- Add the ground beef back into the skillet and add the cream cheese, Worcestershire and garlic powder. Stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Add in the shredded cheeses and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle the additional 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar on top and bake at 375 ˚F for 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Shop a few dill pickles, place on top of the dip and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake frozen waffle fries according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, finely chop 1/4 cup of parsley and melt 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Place cooked fries into a bowl, pour butter and parsley overtop and toss to coat.
- Serve with the cheeseburger dip.