The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
It’s time to chill out because summer is almost here! This Cherry Lime Smoothie Bowl will help set the summertime mood. Featuring frozen dark sweet cherries blended with NatureFresh greenhouse-grown strawberries, organic beet juice with a hint of tangy lime, this blended beverage is just right for the season.
I also added Heinen’s fresh ground peanut butter for richness and creaminess. When mixed with the cherry and beet blend, it tastes a lot like peanut butter and jelly!
For toppings, I like to add coconut shavings along and granola for added texture and crunch, but you can add whatever toppings you like. If beets aren’t your thing, substitute with cranberry juice. You can’t really go wrong anyway you blend it!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Smoothie
- 1 bottle of Garden of Flavor Twisted Roots Organic Cold Pressed Juice
- 1 cup Califia Farms protein oat milk
- 2 bags Heinen’s frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1 ½ cups of NatureFresh strawberries, whole
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup ice
For the Toppings
- Heinen’s fresh ground peanut butter
- Heinen’s frozen dark sweet cherries
- Coconut shavings
- Fresh mint
- In a high powder blender, add all of the smoothie ingredients. Blend on medium speed for the first few seconds, then turn it up to high and blend until a smooth, thick consistency is reached.
- Add the smoothie to a bowl and top with more frozen (or thawed) dark sweet cherries, a Tbsp. or two of Heinen’s fresh ground peanut butter, granola and coconut shavings.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime wedges.
- Enjoy with a straw or a spoon!