The following recipe and photography were provided by Food Scientist Kathleen Ann of Bread Over Heels.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars are everything I look for in a dessert all in one delectable bite. Rich chocolate flavor, creamy peanut butter and crispy chocolate-coated rice combine for a high-flavor intensity and multi-textural brownie experience.
The brownies are baked and cooled first, smeared with a layer of natural peanut butter and topped with chocolate peanut butter-coated rice. Featuring my favorite new ingredient, Heinen’s fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter, it is also a fun way to utilize Heinen’s rice crispies cereal beyond the breakfast bowl.
This recipe can be easily doubled by utilizing a brownie mix for a 9”x13” pan and doubling the remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 16 brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, for an 8”x8” or 9”x9” pan
- Butter or oil, per brownie mix instructions
- 2 Heinen's cage free eggs, per brownie mix instructions
- 11/4 cups Heinen’s fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter, divided
- 1 cup Heinen’s chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Heinen’s rice crispies cereal
- Prepare the brownies according to the directions on brownie mix box. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of Heinen’s fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter on top of the cooled brownies.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining Heinen’s honey roasted peanut butter and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate chips are 90% melted. Stir to finish melting the chips. Add Heinen’s rice crispies cereal and stir to combine. Spread on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Let cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.