These easy-to-prepare muffins will have your home smelling like autumn in no time. Cranberries and citrus are a classic combination, and I rounded them out with some almond extract for an added floral element. The result is a well-balanced muffin that makes a festive and healthy quick breakfast.
- 12 Muffins
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 ½ cups cranberries
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Greek or Icelandic vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Fill a muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add cranberries and toss to coat in flour mixture.
- In a large-size bowl, stir to combine vegetable oil, yogurt, milk, egg, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract and lemon zest. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Evenly divide batter between muffin tins. Sprinkle raw sugar on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
- Remove from tin and let cool on cooling rack.