The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
I love eating local produce, so I figure, why not drink it too? No, I’m not talking about a green juice, I’m talking about a summer cocktail that’s swimming with fresh cucumber flavor. It may sound strange at first, but don’t knock it ’till you sip it!
Featuring muddled cucumber and mint served with lemon sparkling water, lime juice and gin, this spin in the classic gin fizz can only be described as crisp and refreshing!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2.5 oz. gin
- 2 medium cucumbers or 1 large cucumber, chopped and muddled
- 4 mint sprigs
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heinen's lemon sparkling water
- In a shaker glass, muddle the chopped cucumber, mint leaves, gin and lime juice.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- With a strainer or sifter, strain the middles mixture and reserve the juice, about 2.5 oz.
- Add ice to a drinking glass along with slices of lime and cucumber, if desired. Pour in the 2.5 oz. of strained gin.
- Top with the Meyer lemon sparkling water and fresh mint for garnish.