The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
With Easter right around the corner, let’s twist and shout! These personal-size braided Easter Bread Baskets make a delicious place setting at any spring table.
Whether you’re celebrating Easter or hosting a spring brunch for loved ones, place one of these seasonal confections on each plate and watch your guests fawn over the effortless elegance and mouthwatering taste.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Easter Bread Baskets
- 5 Heinen’s cage-free brown eggs
- 2 rolls of Pillsbury pizza dough
- 6 oz. of white chocolate shavings, preferably shaved from a bar
- Sprinkles of choice
For the Glaze
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water or milk
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay another sheet of parchment paper on the kitchen counter. Pop open the rolls of pizza dough (one at a time) and slowly roll out the dough so it is even in thickness. Sprinkle with a pinch of flour. Coat your hands in flour as well to prevent sticking.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 6 even strips out of the dough.
- Using a potato peeler or cheese grater, shave the white chocolate bar. If you can’t find a bar of white chocolate, use white chocolate chips instead.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate shavings over the strips of dough. Pinch each strip to tuck the chocolate inside, like a stuffed crust.
- Pinch the ends of 3 strips together and braid them.
- Once you get to the end of the braid, pinch the opposite ends of the strips together.
- Gently stretch out the braided dough and pinch the top and bottom ends together. Repeatedly twist the braid over itself long-ways until it resembles a twisted braid.
- Tuck the two ends into each other and pinch to ensure they are stuck together. Form each twisted braid into a circle with an open hole in the middle.
- Repeat steps 6-9 with the remaining 3 strips, then start the process over with the other tube of dough. This will result in 4 bread baskets.
- Whisk an egg into a small bowl and brush over each bread basket.
- Place the baskets in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the tops are slightly golden brown. Do not panic if some of the white chocolate leaks out.
- During the bake time, add four eggs to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat, cover and steam the eggs for 4 minutes for soft boiled and 6 minutes for hard boiled.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and let them soak.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk (or water) until a semi-thick opaque glaze forms.
- Remove the bread baskets from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour your desired amount of glaze over each bread basket.
- Add festive sprinkles and place one egg in the center of each basket.
Beautiful Lauren!! You are so very artistic, and so very talented.
I always search for your recipes because they are indeed the best and most fun. You show us cooking is such an enjoyable part of life! Thank you!
Hi Kathleen, thank you for your feedback! We made sure that your kind message was passed along to Lauren. Thanks again!