The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
When you need to get dinner on the table in a snap, look no further than Heinen’s Prepared Foods department and their wide selection of Daily Bites, ready-to-heat and ready-to-eat mains, sides, salads, and more! You can build a complete meal with these grab-and-go items or incorporate them into your favorite recipes to minimize prep and simplify mealtime.
Layering the breaded chicken breast with jarred marinara sauce and pre-shredded cheese takes just 5 minutes of hands-on time, and cooks in about 20 minutes for a family-friendly meal that’s on the table in about half an hour.
Why You’ll Love it:
- This recipe is easily adapted to make more or fewer servings. For reference, one cooked Chicken Romano breast can serve 2 people.
- This Easy Chicken Parmesan leans on Heinen’s Daily Bites cooked Chicken Romano (a customer favorite!) to eliminate most of the prep work typically required in this dish.
- Perfect for an easy weeknight meal! You’ll love the new Daily Bites selection
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 jar Mid’s marinara pasta sauce, divided
- 2-3 pieces Heinen’s Daily Bites Cooked Chicken Romano
- 1 cup Miceli's fancy shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s grated parmesan cheese
- Heinen’s artisan organic spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with ½ – 1 cup of the pasta sauce. Top with the chicken in a single layer. Pour 1 – 1 ½ cups sauce over the top; sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- While the chicken bakes, cook the pasta in salted water to al dente. Heat the remaining pasta sauce and toss with the cooked pasta.
- Serve the chicken over the cooked pasta.