The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
These Falafel Sliders with Tahini Slaw are a vegetarian take on classic burgers that are perfect for entertaining.
Featuring mini falafel patties stacked with Mediterranean-inspired ingredients like hummus, tomato, greens and a tahini tossed slaw, these zesty handheld sliders are sure to be a hit as an appetizer or snack with any guests!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 falafel patties (Fedora Food Famous Falafel Dough premade mix is a great shortcut)
- 6 slider buns or 3 pita pockets
- 6 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup Heinen's original hummus
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Heinen's tahini
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup fresh greens (a mixed greens blend is great)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- If using premade falafel dough, scoop out the desired amount and form into 2-inch patties.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Mix the tahini sauce, water, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add the cabbage to the tahini sauce and mix well. Set aside.
- While the falafel bakes, lay out the buns or pita pockets. Spread a thin layer of hummus on the bun.
- Place a tomato slice, handful of greens and tahini slaw on top of the hummus.
- Once the falafel is done baking, remove it from the oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, add the falafel on top of the slaw and top with a bun.
- If you have extra tahini sauce, drizzle that over the falafel before putting the top bun on.
- Feel free to get creative with additional garnishes such as feta cheese, Kalamata olives, cucumbers and green onions.