The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
When fresh, wild-caught salmon flows into Heinen’s Seafood Department, this Florentine dish is the dinner to make.
Made in one pan and smothered in an indulgent cream sauce, this seafood supper is bursting with flavor that is equally refreshing and comforting. Bon Appétit!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 8 oz. wild-caught salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 pt. button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup Heinen's sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan over high heat. Once it begins to lightly smoke, add the salmon skin-side-down. Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the salmon and gently remove and discard the skin using tongs.
- Cook the salmon for 3-4 more minutes, then remove them from the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding in the spinach.
- Cook the spinach just until wilted. Pour in the cream and cook over medium heat until it becomes very thick, like alfredo sauce.
- Finish the sauce with the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Add the salmon back into the pan to heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hi Chef BILLY PARISI,, I am now on your site and cannot wait to try all your recipes,, I am so excited to try your Florentine Salmon along with many more recipes I printed out today… Roasted Ribeye with Mushrooms … T-Bone Steak with Lemon…Spaghetti and yes the best Meatball Recipe Ever… Thank You So Much for sharing these easy recipes… You have made my cooking so much easier and I might say Healthy Ones at that,,,, Noreen
Hi Noreen, we are so happy to hear that you love Chef Billy’s recipes. Stay tuned for more!
Oh my Billy u have done it again…now this is definitely dinner tonight!!! Sounds an looks so yummy
Hi Cheri, we are so glad you are excited to make this recipe for dinner! Enjoy!