The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Why wait for lunch to have a sandwich when you can enjoy one for breakfast?
This fun twist on a classic egg breakfast sandwich is sure to be a hit!
Featuring sweetness from French toast and salty goodness from Heinen’s CARE Certified Canadian bacon, this breakfast bite is great for the whole family. Serve it with a side of fresh fruit for a balanced start to your day.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 slices of French Bread
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen’s organic ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Heinen’s organic ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 8 Heinen’s organic cage free brown eggs
- 1 package Heinen’s CARE Certified Canadian bacon
- 4 slices Heinen’s sliced Swiss cheese
- Strawberries, for serving
- Blackberries, for serving
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, milk and 4 eggs in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and fry until both sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Work in batches so the bread isn’t crowded in the pan.
- Set the French toast slices aside.
- In the same pan, add Heinen’s CARE Certified Canadian bacon and heat over medium heat for 2 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Add the eggs to the pan and fry to your preferred doneness.
- Assemble the breakfast sandwiches by layering a piece of French toast, a slice of Swiss cheese, 2 slices Canadian bacon and a fried egg. Top with another slice of French toast and serve with strawberries and blackberries on the side.