The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
I am so excited to share this simple summer snack idea with you! Made with just two ingredients (plus sprinkles, for fun!), frozen banana pops are the perfect warm weather treat.
My kids love to help me assemble these! I’m using coconut milk-based yogurt in this recipe, though you can swap in your favorite regular yogurt, too.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1-2 5 oz. containers So Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative (we like Vanilla and Chocolate flavors)
- Popsicle or sucker sticks
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Skewer each banana half with a popsicle stick through the cut end.
- Pour the yogurt onto a plate. Holding the banana pop over the yogurt, spoon the yogurt onto the banana, using the back of the spoon to cover completely. Transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining banana pops. Top with sprinkles.
- Freeze until yogurt is solid, at least 2 hours. Once frozen, store in freezer bags.