The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Summer is officially here and there’s no better way to celebrate the season than with a with a playful twist on everyone’s favorite campfire treat, s’mores!
Summer is hot enough without those fireside flames, so I’m cooling things down with these delicious Frozen S’mores that are so simple to put together even the kids can do it!
Layers of chocolate pudding and marshmallow fluff are sandwiched together with graham crackers and popped in the freezer for a chilly treat that will be on repeat all summer.
For the Chocolate Pudding
- 1 3.9 oz. package of Jell-O chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 oz. whipped cream
For the Marshmallow Fluff
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 7 oz. marshmallow fluff
- Graham crackers
- Grab two separate bowls. In the first bowl, whisk together the instant chocolate pudding, whole milk and Cool Whip. Let sit for 5 minutes to firm.
- With a hand mixer, mix the whipped cream, whipped cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until well combined and fluffy. Place this bowl in the fridge.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving at least an inch of overhang for easy removal.
- Pour in the chocolate pudding and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the freezer and add the marshmallow later, spreading evenly across the chocolate pudding.
- Place back in the freezer for 3-6 hours until the marshmallow layer is firm to the touch.
- Remove the baking dish from the freezer and place a single layer of graham crackers on top.
- Place a smaller baking sheet or cutting board on top of the graham crackers and flip the bars upside-down.
- Remove the parchment paper, place graham crackers on the chocolate pudding layer and cut into squares using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately!