This veggie-packed baked omelet makes a great breakfast-for-dinner solution. Serve with a toasted Birch Benders waffle spread with Heinen’s fresh ground nut butter and topped with fresh berries.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- ½ Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ Cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Cup fresh spinach
- 1 Cup Heinen’s canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Violife Cheddar Shreds or Heinen’s organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- ½ Cup Califia Almond plant-based creamer or milk
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease a 7×11 (or 9×9) baking dish with Heinen’s avocado oil spray.
2. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and black beans to the baking dish. Stir until combined.
3. Top with cheese and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, creamer, salt, and pepper; whisk until well blended. You can also whisk in your choice of dried herbs, seasoning, and spices.
5. Pour egg mixture over the mixture in the baking dish.
6. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is a light golden brown.
7. Garnish with parsley or chives and serve.