This veggie-packed baked omelet makes a great breakfast-for-dinner solution. Serve with a toasted Birch Benders waffle spread with Heinen’s fresh ground nut butter and topped with fresh berries.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- ½ Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ Cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Cup fresh spinach
- 1 Cup Heinen’s canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Violife Cheddar Shreds or Heinen’s organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- ½ Cup Califia Almond plant-based creamer or milk
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley or chives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease a 7×11 (or 9×9) baking dish with Heinen’s avocado oil spray.
2. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, and black beans to the baking dish. Stir until combined.
3. Top with cheese and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, creamer, salt, and pepper; whisk until well blended. You can also whisk in your choice of dried herbs, seasoning, and spices.
5. Pour egg mixture over the mixture in the baking dish.
6. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is a light golden brown.
7. Garnish with parsley or chives and serve.
Thanks Melanie and Heinen’s! This recipe is so easy and can incorporate not only the suggested vegetables, but anything else you have hanging around your fridge and/or freezer. I love casserole, one-dish meals and this one hits the mark!
My kind of food, yummy, healthy & easy!
One of the best things we can do to stay healthy is to boost our immune system. Eating well, including balanced, nutritious meals is key. I appreciate Heinen’s commitment to providing a fresh variety of fruits and vegetables as well as organic and natural foods from the pantry for us to select from. If your body is strong and well nourished it is less likely you will get sick and, even if you do get sick, you stand a much better chance of a full recovery.
I am glad Heinen’s is helping people to realize that our diets are a critical part of good health along with adequate exercise and rest. It is good to hear some positive, constructive information amidst all the negative and misleading talk we are flooded with today.
Stay well and enjoy your life.
Thank you Heinen’s!