The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Clambake season is just around the corner and whether you’re planning to attend a bake or just enjoy this shellfish favorite in your own kitchen, this dish is a must-make!
Simmered in our popular Pick of the Vine Ambervale Chardonnay and seasoned with fresh lemon zest and red pepper flakes, this flavorful dish is best enjoyed with crusty bread for dipping.
Garlic Butter Clams
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup Ambervale Chardonnay
- 1 cup clam juice
- 48 fresh clams, scrubbed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Crushed pepper flakes, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Add the butter to a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn the heat to high, add the wine, clam juices, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the clams and cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are completely opened.
- Finish with cream, pepper flakes and parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.