The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Juicy, tender scallops served atop creamy heirloom tomato linguine is an elegant and delicious pairing that comes together in only 15 minutes.
Shopping for seafood in the Midwest isn’t always ideal since we do not have direct access to major oceans, so Heinen’s goes above and beyond to source seafood that is responsibly sourced, fresh and high quality. However, if you’re short on time, never hesitate turning to Heinen’s brand of frozen seafood. It’s the exact same incredible quality and delicious taste, but extremely convenient to have on hand for busy nights! I used their frozen scallops in this recipe and was extremely pleased!
Add this recipe to your weekly dinner menu and taste the difference for yourself!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Heinen's frozen scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. Heinen’s organic linguine
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper flakes
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prior to cooking, thaw the frozen scallops in the fridge or a few hours or overnight. If you’re short on time, put them in a strainer and run lukewarm water over them until they’re thawed.
- Cook the linguine according to the package. Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Using a paper towel, pat the thawed scallops dry.
- Dust each side of scallops with flour, salt and pepper
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Sear the scallops for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown
- With one minute left in the cook time, add two cloves of minced garlic.
- Remove the scallops when they are cooked through and set aside.
- To the same pan, add another Tbsp. of butter, followed by the heirloom cherry tomatoes and remaining two cloves of garlic. Cook for 4-6 minutes over medium heat until the tomatoes are barely blistered.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of white wine and let it reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water, 1/2 tsp. of chili pepper flakes and the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Let it thicken over medium heat for 3 minutes and stir in the chopped basil.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss to coat.
- Add the coated noodles to individual bowls and top with the scallops.