Combining Heinen’s prepared garlic grilled shrimp and vegetables with fresh pasta and pesto makes Wednesday night dinner seem more like Saturday night.
You could go to the trouble to grill the shrimp and vegetables yourself, but why would you when Heinen’s has done all the work for you? Just boil water and a fast and fresh dinner is on the table in minutes.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
Garlic Grilled Shrimp and Vegetables with Ohio City Pasta
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 20 oz. Ohio City Pasta or other fresh pasta
- 1 lb. grilled shrimp from Prepared Foods case
- 12 oz. grilled vegetables from Prepared Foods case
- 1/2 cup refrigerated pesto
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- While the water comes to a boil, reheat the shrimp on a microwave-safe plate for 1 minute or until hot. Do the same with the vegetables.
- Add 1 Tbsp. salt and pasta to the boiling water. Cook as directed or until the pasta is al dente or still firm but cooked through. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta in a strainer in the sink.
Return the pasta to the hot pot and toss in the warmed shrimp, vegetables and pesto.
- Add a little pasta water to make a sauce and taste for seasoning, adding salt, pepper or red pepper flakes as needed.
- Heat microwave-safe plates in the microwave for 1 minute and divide the pasta among them with a sprinkle of the cheese. Serve hot and eat fast.
Now that I have become a fan of this page, I can’t wait for each post. It’s been great for the kids especially when I’m running all day. The kids loved this recipe
Can’t wait to try this one!!
I’m all about throwing together fast meals, and this looks like a super-easy winner. Plus, it sounds absolutely delicious. I think I’ll make it tonight! Thanks, Carla! Thanks, Heinen’s!
This sounds great – and it’s easy and quick to boot! What more could a working person who needs to get a tasty, healthy dinner on the table fast ask for?
Do you have a favorite wine you would pair this with, Carla? Something that would go with the spice I would add in the form of the red pepper flakes?
Sounds great! I have used many of Carla’s recipes in the past and this one will be next on my list.
Sounds lovely – May be dinner tonight – thank you! 🙂
Oh WOW! I love recipes from Carla Snyder and own a couple of her cook books. It’s GREAT to see her posting recipes on this site! And who doesn’t have 10 minutes to make a great meal. Thank you Heinen’s for having these ingredients! I really didn’t know there was vegetables that were already grilled!
I can’t wait for my husbands reaction to this meal!
This recipe looks tasty and easy – can’t wait to try it – thanks, Carla!