Recipe adapted from: www.precisionnutrition.com
Five ingredients come together for an unforgettable chocolate experience. Keep it simple or jazz it up with your favorite mix-ins to really make it your own! This is what chocolate is supposed to taste like.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/2 Cup Artisana Organics Coconut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heinen’s coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Navitas Cacao Powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup raw honey, pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- Powders: chili powder; cayenne pepper; matcha; maca; greens powder; Bare Organics spirulina, acai, noni, beetroot, turmeric root, or moringa
- Dried fruit: goji berries; mulberries; golden berries; cranberries; blueberries; cherries; apricots; banana; mango; raisins; currants; dates
- Chopped nuts/seeds: almonds; walnuts; pistachios; pecans; pumpkin; sunflower; sesame; flax; chia; hemp
- Crystalized ginger
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut flakes
- Place coconut butter and coconut oil in a small, heat-safe cup or bowl.
- Place the cup or bowl in a shallow pan containing a small amount of warm (not boiling, but nearly) water.
- Stir the oil and butter occasionally until it’s smooth.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour cacao powder in the bowl with melted oil and butter. Also add any other powders from the “optional mix-ins” list you would like to use.
- Stir continuously until smooth.
- Add raw honey, maple syrup, or coconut nectar.
- Add any other optional mix-ins you plan to incorporate.
- Pour the melted chocolate on a pan or plate lined with parchment paper or an ice cube tray.
- Sprinkle some of the mix-ins on top.
- Place the chocolate in freezer for 30 minutes (or refrigerator for 60 minutes).
- Remove and break into bite-size pieces, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.