The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Fire up the grill for this luxurious lobster dinner!
Cooking lobster tails doesn’t have to be intimidating thanks to this simple, savory recipe. Butter is a classic pair for this delicious crustacean, but to kick things up a notch, we’re adding fresh thyme and chives for even more delectable flavor. Let’s get grilling!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 sticks of softened unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 8 Tristan lobster tails, sliced in half longways
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to 450°F to 550°F.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the butter, thyme, chives, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper using a fork or whisk until smooth.
- Next, coat the lobster tails in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lobster tails meat-side-down on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the lobster tails over and immediately brush the cooked side with the herb butter. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the lobster tails and serve with lemons and extra herb butter.