The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Summertime is for grilling steaks, but not all steaks have to be meaty! If you stop by Heinen’s Produce Department, you’ll find a beautiful assortment of multicolored cauliflower than can be sliced into thick steaks and prepared on the grill like a traditional cut of beef! It’s a delicious plant-based spin on a summer staple!
After marinating the cauliflower in Two Brothers teriyaki sauce, simply place the steaks on the grill until there is a slightly crisp char on the outside. Top with fresh sliced green onions, minced cilantro and your choice of sliced peppers.
This is the perfect grilled veggie appetizer or meatless main course for your next cookout!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 heads colored cauliflower, greens removed
- 1 bottle Two Brothers teriyaki sauce
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Minced fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 Fresno pepper, sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (350°F-400°F).
- Trim the cauliflower stems and then carefully slice the cauliflower into 1-inch steaks. Repeat until all of cauliflower are sliced. The ends may fall apart but can be pieced back together using toothpicks.
- Transfer the cauliflower steaks to a parchment-lined sheet tray and pour on about a 1/3 of the teriyaki sauce and rub in with your hands. Repeat the process on the other side of the cauliflower steaks and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After they are done marinating transfer the cauliflower steaks to the preheated grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
- After flipping, baste with the remaining teriyaki sauce. You should notice grill marks on both sides of the cauliflower, and they should be tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Remove the cauliflower steaks and place them on a platter.
- Sprinkle on green onions, cilantro and peppers. Serve.