The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Salads are a great way to enjoy local produce, but they can get old fast! If you’re craving the fresh summer picks in Heinen’s Produce Department, these Grilled Zucchini and Corn Tostadas are a dish you’re sure to devour!
Quickly charred on the grill and sprinkled on top of crispy oven-baked tortillas with cotija cheese and a zesty squeeze of fresh lime, make these vegetarian tostadas as an appetizer or light entrée while the season is hot!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 6 flour tortillas
- 3 small zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- 2 ears of corn, husked
- Heinen's olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, cut on a bias
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray each side of the tortilla with cooking spray and season with salt. Using a fork, poke a few holes in each tortilla to prevent them from puffing up. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the zucchini and both ears of corn with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill until the veggies have grill marks and begin to soften. Approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and chop the zucchini into pieces. Cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Build the tostadas by putting the grilled zucchini and corn on the tortillas. Top with avocado, green onions, cilantro and cotija cheese.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime. Serve immediately.