Gut-Boosting Purple Potato Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1/2 lb. bag Melissa's gemstone potatoes
- 1 cup Bubbies dill pickles, diced
- 1 cup Cleveland Kraut whiskey dill, drained
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. grainy mustard (or Dijon)
- 2 Tbsp. liquid from Cleveland Kraut whiskey dill
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add Sea salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook until just fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain in colander, let cool to room temperature.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and crosswise.
Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette:
- Add mustard to a large bowl with a pinch of salt, kraut liquid and vinegar.
- Whisk together and slowly add olive oil, whisking until light and creamy.
Add cooled potatoes, diced pickles, sauerkraut, celery, scallion and dill to the dressing bowl and stir gently until coated.
I made it and it delish. Thanks for that recipe!
I made the purple potato salad as part of our Easter dinner and it was delicious! My husband especially liked it. It was nice and light compared to traditional potato salad. I will be making this again!
Thank you for sharing this feedback, Valerie! We are so glad that this recipe was a hit on your Easter table.