Hatch Chile Grilled Quesadillas
The recipe and photography for this post were provided by our friends at Melissa’s Produce.
Open the hatch (of your grill) and get ready to experience a zesty twist on a classic Mexican dish! With just three ingredients and four simple steps, one bite of Hatch Chile-filled meal will have you saying “quesadi-yes!”
Hatch Chile Quesadillas
Makes 2 large quesadillas
- 4 large Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 3 New Mexico Hatch Peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded and diced
- Prepare a hot BBQ grill.
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese and pepper. Cover with another tortilla and set aside. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Place the filled tortillas on the grill and cook until grill marks appear and the cheese begins to melt. Flip them over and repeat for the other side.
- Remove from the grill and serve topped with extra Hatch Chile Peppers.