The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Hawaiian Salmon is an easy dinner that combines the tropical flavors of summer with Heinen’s fresh seafood!
In addition to being delicious, this dish is extremely easy to make! All you have to do is whisk up a simple Hawaiian-inspired marinade with common kitchen ingredients, let the salmon fillets soak in the flavor and toss them on the grill with fresh pineapple rings! For even more color and flavor, consider serving them them with a simple side like Heinen’s frozen green beans or a salad.
This recipe is naturally quick to make, but for a shortcut, use Heinen’s pre-cored pineapple from the Produce Department. It’s just as fresh as cutting it yourself, but saves so much time.
Let’s dive into the recipe!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 fresh salmon filets
- 1 container Heinen's pre-cored pineapple, sliced into rings (save the juice for the marinade)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's ketchup
- 1 tsp. Heinen's ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Heinen's oregano
- 1 tsp. Heinen's crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. pineapple juice (sub with orange juice, if desired)
- Fresh green onion, chopped
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag, add the soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, ketchup, ginger, oregano, crushed red pepper and pineapple juice. Mix.
- Add the salmon fillets to the bowl or Ziploc bag and gently coat the salmon. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and bring to room temperature on the counter.
- Set the grill to medium-high heat and spray the grates with nonstick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Place the salmon and pineapple rings on the grill and brush on more of the marinade.
- Close the grill for about 6-7 minutes, then flip the salmon and pineapple rings and grill for another 6-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. If you choose not to flip them, simply grill the salmon skin-side-down for about 13-15 minutes, or until it reaches 145°F.
- Remove the salmon and pineapple from the grill.
- Place the salmon on a platter and garnish with fresh green onion, cilantro or parsley. Serve the pineapple alongside the salmon.
Note: This salmon can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.